Vinegar-Your Secret to a Clean Home
There is another option besides these toxic and expensive cleaners. Vinegar! Its cheap, probably already in your home, and is completely safe. The uses are endless. Below are just a few ways to keep your home clean and smelling fresh by just using vinegar
In the Home 1. To remove stickers just moisten with vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Place a bowl of vinegar in the room overnight to remove odors
3. For spills on carpet, use a sponge or cloth to soak up as much liquid as possible. Then spray with a mixture of half vinegar, half water. Let stand for about two minutes, then blot with towel or sponge. Repeat as needed.
4. For more persistent stains, use a mixture of 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap, and 1 cup warm water
5. To clean windows, spray with half vinegar, half water. Wipe clean.
6. To clean wood paneling, use a mixture of 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 2 cups warm water. Apply to paneling with a soft cloth. Dry with a clean cloth.
7. Remove corrosion from showeheads by soaking in vinegar
8. Remove toilet stains by spraying with vinegar
9. Remove soap build-up from faucets use one part salt to four parts vinegar
10. Spray shower walls and curtains to prevent stains and mildew
11. Vinegar is great for getting scents off of your hands, as well as stains
12. It is good for cleaning counters, fridges, stove tops and sinks. It can even help get clogs out of your drains!
13. Vinegar can break up stuck-on foods from your microwave. Just put a bowl of 1/2 cup vinegar and a cup of water, and cook to a boil. This will loosen it up enough to be wiped.
14. If you add vinegar to the laundry, you can help prevent colors from running
15. You can pre-treat stains with vinegar before washing to help get out those tough stains.
16. Vinegar can help keep colors maintain their brightness
17. Burns from irons? Just rub with a mixture of vinegar and salt.
18. Pesky lint? Cut down on lint by adding a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
There are countless other uses in your home for vinegar; these are just a few common uses to help keep your home and clothing fresh!